Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I purchase boxes and packing supplies?
Our office sells 8 different sizes of moving boxes as well as numerous packing supplies like bubble wrap.
When do I have access to my belongings in my storage unit?
You have gate access from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm 365 days a year. You have your own personal pin number for access.
Do I need insurance for my items?
Yes, contact your insurance provider to purchase extra coverage for your belongings in your storage unit. The insurance to cover your belongings is very reasonable.
What type of forms of payment do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Debit Card, Cheque, Cash and E-money transfers. You can also sign up for automatic credit card billing.
Do I need to sign a lease with Gate Keeper Self Storage?
Yes, we do have a rental agreement to be signed to open your storage unit with us. The rental cycle is monthly and continuous until you no longer need the unit. We need two weeks notice to vacate your unit.
What information do you require from me to rent a storage unit?
We need government issued photo ID and all parties that are to have access to the unit available to sign the contract.
What size of storage unit do I need?
Our staff can help recommend the best size of unit for your belongings.
- 5×5 Size of a small closet. Will fit several boxes or file boxes
- 5×10 Size of a walk in closet. Will fit small furniture and boxes
- 10×10 Size of a bedroom. Will fit furnishings from a one bedroom apartment
- 10×15 Size of large bedroom. Will fit furnishings from a two bedroom apartment
- 10×20 Size of a one car garage. Will fit a vehicle or a three bedroom home
- 10×25 Size of large one car garage. Will fit a three/four bedroom home or a vehicle with boxes
- 10×30 Size of a small two car garage. Will fit a four bedroom home with major appliances
- 8×20 Size of a small bedroom. Will fit furniture and boxes from a small one bedroom home
- 8×40 Size of long two car garage. Will fit a four bedroom home with major appliances
What items can NOT be stored in my storage unit?
Propane tanks, fuel, flammable or combustible items, perishable food items, plants, animals, illegal or stolen goods, flammable, noxious or filthy items in the unit.